Need to know information about Junior Nationals being held next week. Plus the link to google drive to upload any pics & vids to be shared at the banquet…Read More
It is not a nilly willy decision to cancel a mogul competition. There are minimum mogul course standards, which are briefly outlined in the post. Additionally, the design of the mogul course is related to judging …. read on and thanks for being interesting in the first Judges Corner post, KarenRead More
Judges’ Corner is a web page dedicated to helping educate athletes, parents, coaches and any interested community members of the guidelines that judges use to judge mogul, aerial, slopestyle, half pipe, and big air competitions. Karen Homa, IMF officials chair, will routinely feature a rule in our Freestyle & Freeskiing Competition Guide to highlight what the judges are looking for and prefer.
- Junior Nationals Freestyle & Freeski February 27, 2018
- Why is there a jury? February 20, 2018
- PC Division Champs and Monday Make-up Mogul Events February 14, 2018
- Bir Air at UOP February 9, 2018
- Making Sense out of the Mogul Results Sheet January 30, 2018
- Control Gates Used in Scoring – Rules 6204.1.3 & 3058.6 January 23, 2018
- The Mogul Course – Rule 4202 January 14, 2018
Karen Homa is the Officials Chair for IMF, which means I work with event organizers to schedule judges and a technical delegate for upcoming events. I became interested in judging because I wanted to know what judges were looking for since my son was a mogul skier. I’ve judged all event disciplines in the East, however since 2015 I’ve focused on moguls and aerials and currently judge for Intermountain.
Karen Enjoying a Bluebird Day at Snowbird